TRAILER PLATING & SPEED DISKS
4.1 An AUTHORISATION PLATE must be fitted to an EXISTING trailer where
- It is capable by design of being drawn at speeds in excess of 40Km/hr
- It is operating at laden weights exceeding 19 tonnes for tandems or 22.5 Tonnes for tri-axle trailers
4.2 An AUTHORISATION PLATE must be fitted to all trailers manufactured after January 1st 2016.
4.3 A SPEED disk must be fitted to existing trailers ONLY WHERE they capable by design of being drawn at speeds in excess of 40Km/hr
4.4 SPEED DISKS must be fitted to all new trailers.
- 2016 Lighting Regulations
- 2016 Weights & Dimensions Regulations
- 2016 Braking Requirements
- 2016 Plating Requirements